Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2022, 09:04 PM   #7006 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

For the ECW, I believe a very old show called By the Sword Divided is worth watching. I literally watched it when I was at school (so, say 45 years ago or more) and I think it's one of those BBC period dramas. If you haven't seen it, though it's a movie rather than a series, Richard Harris in Cromwell is tremendous viewing. Again, it's old, maybe 1960s/70s.

I tried Cracker and have to say I hated it with a passion. I also was surprised to find that after I thoroughly enjoyed Prime Suspect 1973, the prequel, I truly hated Prime Suspect, my main issue being that when they couldn't prove the guy did it he conveniently and for no good reason at all confessed. Now I know it's La Plante, but that is some damned lazy writing.

Silent Witness only got better as it went on. I've seen all seasons, and I have to say it stands out as one of the few shows where people - and I mean, main characters, top talent - are killed off, and I think this makes it very fresh for me. I'm just going to assume you've seen Hill Street Blues duh, and other than that in terms of police procedurals of course The Wire again duh but The District is pretty cool too (Craig T Nelson from Coach) and there are plenty of true-life dramas such as A Confession (Martin Freeman), Honour, Whitechapel Farm and Lucan, all worth a look.

Can't say I'm with you on Coben, though I've only seen The Five, and thoroughly enjoyed that.