Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: Bruce Springsteen
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 05:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Hey, thanks for your comments, and welcome to the forum. Good to know someone is reading!

I'm kind of the same as you: the last Springsteen album I listened to was Magic, and that wasn't consecutively, so I have ones like Western Stars, The Promise, Working on a Dream, High Hopes and so on to hear yet. I got into Bruce via Born in the USA and worked backwards, then on from there when his later albums came out. Of the older ones, I'm not crazy about the debut and you can keep side one of The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle (though side two more than makes up for it), but other than that I don't feel he's ever put a foot wrong. Of course, as I say, that's with the caveat that I have recent albums yet to hear, but I don't see that being a problem.

Favourites would be Nebraska, The River, Darkness on the Edge of Town, Born to Run (of course) and Born in the USA, but hell, it's hard to pick out a real favourite when all his albums are so good. Other than Welcome to Asbury Park, N.J., and as already mentioned the first side of The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle, I can't think of many bad songs even (well, maybe "Why Can't We Be Friends" off The Rising, don't like that one).

You're right though that he shines best live, and gives great value for money. I only saw him once, here at Slane Castle, but man was it worth the admission!