Music Banter - View Single Post - Russia, Ukraine and World War III
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 06:27 PM   #345 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raime View Post
Not gonna lie, I'd probably drop them as friends.

Seriously though, why does there have to always be some master plan, some hidden hand pulling every strings? The world is chaotic and messy, terrible things happen, and seeing conspiracy theorists do crazy mental gymnastics to prove that things are orchestrated by overlords just tells me that they lack control of their own lives.

You're on the nose regarding these people and their ridiculous conspiracy theories. My friend brought it up again and I said to him, maybe there is propaganda coming from both sides but you can't tell me that millions of Ukrainians left the country for no reason. He also tried to say that all these reports are coming from America who has previously started wars in other countries so this is most likely the same. I agreed with his sentiments regarding America's past but fully disagreed that Ukraine is making things up. There are journalists actually witnessing the atrocities in Ukraine and the satellite imagery is literally proof of further mass graves like in Bucha. I won't be talking about it again. He's in his late 50's so stuck in his ways regarding certain subjects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
I know someone like that. He thinks that every terrorist attack or mass shooting occurring anywhere in the world is the work of the US military, CIA, or the Israeli Mossad and he comes up with some unreal, complicated, and ridiculously twisted theories as to why.
I was a bit reluctant to cut ties with him at first, because I'd known him for many years and he was always a bit of a harmless goof, but I finally got tired of hearing his conspiracy theory lunacy every time I ran into him and dropped him as a friend. I haven't run into him since just before COVID started and I'm glad I haven't had to listen to his ideas on that subject.

I'm glad you are no longer hearing his verbal diarrhea, especially during this pandemic.