Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2022, 06:18 AM   #10784 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No Obama could not have done that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
I'm not a constitutional scholar, but I don't think there is a rule that says the Senate cannot stall a judicial appointment, even by way of never holding a hearing. In any event, a President cannot simply put someone on the Supreme Court without Senate approval, otherwise you have a dictatorship.
OK, I guess I'll retract the suggestion that Obama could have worked around McConnell's thwarting of the President's power to nominate a judge - mainly because a two minute google search doesn't produce any answers to support my case

Quote:
As far as RBG, yes, she should have retired long before she died, probably under the Obama administration (her health had been poor for at least a decade). Retiring during the Trump era would have been counterproductive as they simply would have shifted the court sooner. Maybe she had counted on Hillary winning in 2016 a little too much.
Yeah, she didn't understand that she had been nominated to join a justice relay race, and instead of passing on the batton, she clung to it until she died on the track and messed things up for her entire team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Boo View Post
Don't worry ladies, just become a Republican's mistress and tell him it's his, you'll get an abortion AND a free trip to Canada.
Yeah, it'd be good to have some stats on Republican's wives and mistresses getting abortions.