Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:48 AM   #11254 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

No, I don't agree. The analogy is flawed. The point is that we don't know, because we can't know, till we're dead. Unless someone comes back with absolute proof that there is an afterlife, we can't be certain there is one, and obviously if there definitively is not one, then nobody's coming back to tell us about it.

A better comparison would be this: although science can tell us much about black holes, is there a possibility that there are other universes accessible through them, if one could make it through? Possibly, possibly not. But there is no way to be 100% certain, unless we can go through. So we have to accept that it's at least not IMpossible.

Same with an afterlife. Nobody living knows for 100% certain there is not one, or that there is. You may firmly BELIEVE or refuse to, but that does not mean you are correct. It's entirely arrogant, I think, to say that you KNOW there is no afterlife, just the same as it would be arrogant, and wrong, to say you KNOW what's going to happen in ten years time to every person on this planet. There are some things we don't know, and when we don't know, we have to accept the possibility of their existence.

I mean, it's probably ****e, of course, but I don't know that for sure, and I don't believe anyone else can either. I'm just looking to find out how many of us, if any, whether we believe in it or not, secretly would like there to be something after we die?