Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 05:10 PM   #80855 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
I hope you didn't get the idea that I in any way don't appreciate your contributions. You're one in a million and I read anything you write that interests me. I'm just saying I think the popularity and usage of this forum is past saving in any sort of traditional sense. We're like a free floating tumbleweed drifting across the sea floor, occasionally we'll snag someone on our way through the universe, but we certainly aren't attracting anybody in any way.

Maybe that's my pessimistic outlook but that's just how I see this place. A haven for the weirdos but not something that attracts a new base.
Oh. Wow. To be honest, yes, that was how I read it, which I felt was odd as you're generally a very friendly guy. So thanks for that. But I take your point about borrowed time. I guess we're like the guy dying from cancer who just wants to have the best time he can before he checks out. Wow that's morbid. Well anyway, I have several Genoese war galleys pursuing me, so I gots to go. But thanks for the vote of confidence. People may laugh, but man that sort of thing means more to me than you could know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
Yeah, this place is on life support and its time is limited. No reason to not enjoy the ride while it lasts and continue engaging with it.

I just hope that we get a heads up before the site admins decide to close up shop. How sad would it be if went to log in one day and just find that the site is down permanently?

If we had a heads up, we'd have a chance to say goodbye, perhaps plan a migration somewhere else, and hopefully archive the entire site so that we could still browse through the posts of yore.
I think we had a thread here where people could drop in contact details in case that did happen. Until Batty started using it to prank call people and try to get their credit card numbers. Might be worth looking at again? Assuming anyone here wants to keep in contact should the hammer come down?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
so anybody here got any opinions on the existence of free will or the essence of consciousness?
Free will definitely exists. Good song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I guess laughing it off is one way to react to that review, but ultimately, bad press on the internet is one more factor contributing to the decline of MB that we have been lamenting here. In fact, I was so disconcerted by the review above that I went on sitejabber and submitted an alternative view of MB. I awarded us five stars, so don't let me regret it please guys
Now you're the site saviour! Must go read it. Maybe add one of my own.
Hey, idea: why don't we all put replies to that review and show them that we're not all bastards? Well, not all of us. Well, some of us. Well, maybe one or two of us...