Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 12:12 PM   #11368 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

1. What is obsolete in your house? To qualify as obsolete it must be something that is never, or seldom, used now and which you could not, and should not expect to be able to buy. So vinyl records, books, coal fires etc would not qualify. It doesn’t have to work, and it can be in a collection if that’s your preference, but it should be something most people would look at and say “why do you have that?”

Nearly every object in my home is 40-175 years old. And visitors often state that I "live in a museum." Most items are present for their artistic value, so if we count objets d'art as a function, they are not necessarily obsolete.

2. What’s the longest you ever spent in an ER/Emergency Dept/A&E dept of a hospital?

I spent the entirety of my formative teenage years living in the hospital system. It dramatically impacted my outlook on life and my dissociation from my generational peers as I was absent from all of the cultural touchstones of my youth.

3. What’s your favourite mnemonic?

I have two strong favorite acronyms (which is close enough) -

laser
and
taser

...the latter of which stands for "Thomas A. Swift’s Electric Rifle" based on the 1911 book of a similar name.

4. What is the most useless thing you own?

Despite my penchant for Victorian opulence, I embrace minimalism in my possessions, so very little of what I own is without use.

5. What’s the biggest DIY job you’ve ever undertaken?

I'm in the final stages of a massive 12-year solo undertaking, the news of which I hope to share soon.

6. How much do you swear? Not when angry - we all do that. But in general usage?

I know that I'm often prone to loquacious verbosity and grandiloquent or bombastically ostentatious language, so when I do opt to employ vulgarity it is used to great ****ing effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote