Music Banter - View Single Post - Political Discussions for "Adults"
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 05:30 AM   #10986 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Does it have to be one or the other? I remember reading the CIA hired east coast mobsters to do the odd assassination (even in a couple of their many failed attempts on Castro). Plus the CIA clearly had very close ties with quite a few mobbed-up tycoons.

Of all the million things that don't make sense about the assassination the one that sticks out to me is Oswald's official biography. Makes zero sense. It reads like a cover story of a fake defector, and if he was a CIA man then, I don't believe he wouldn't have been used by the CIA during the assassination.

The motive? JFK's second term. They were afraid he would shut the CIA down, which he must've at least considered after the Bay of Pigs. Vietnam is another big one. It does seem probable to me that he had a change of heart on that and wanted to pull out after getting reelected.

Not so sure about that one. The biggest hawk in LBJ's administration was Robert McNamara and he was actually a Kennedy guy.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote