Music Banter - View Single Post - The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 12:37 PM   #124 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments and I do agree with all of you to a great extent. Apologies if my post seemed overly negative (this is why I don't banter much, because I'm not very good at bantering!). I actually have mixed emotions about this whole discussion. My point was that there was quite a corrosive atmosphere here for many years - and I think once that problem took root and was allowed to fester for so long, members bolted and we became the much smaller community existing here today.

No he doesn't. I also noticed a positive turn when you became a Mod, Marie. You keep things in line without being a spoilsport, as TH said. And you are honest and fair and an extremely decent person (which I've been the lucky beneficiary of more than a few times in the past).

Exactly. I actually left here twice because of the toxic atmosphere, the second time being especially so bad that I even started a goodbye thread to make my point. Anyway, I also think Marie is the big difference. She'll give you some leeway, especially in the political arena, but she doesn't mess with personal attacks like they would have here before her.

So, never leave us, Marie. We really need you
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote