Music Banter - View Single Post - The Contingency Plan/Exit Strategy
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2022, 11:56 PM   #142 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbons View Post
This makes me sad. You have an incredibly rich history with MB and have always done a brilliant job of imparting wisdom, knowledge, humor, kindness, time and energy to this place. You are one of my very favorite posters, Tore - and I for one appreciate you tremendously!
Thank you so much, ribbons! You yourself impart a warmth to these forums that I really appreciate forums tend to breed or attract a lot of cynics and true kindness is a rare quality that often seems sadly underappreciated.

About the toxic environment, I know we lost several key members to it some 10ish years ago or so. I myself don't much mind being the target of that sort of attention, but when ****posting starts to derail every attempt at serious discussion, even long-time posters can only take so much.

The environment now is much better than it was, so at least that's a welcome change.

About activity, I'm admittedly a fairly long-winded poster. I can't write posts any time of day which are currently spent preparing meals, playing with the kids, being out in nature, reading at bedtime, etc. It takes me a long time to write a post like this (on my phone), so I typically have to wait until an opportune moment. I can usually squeeze like one or two replies in Writing from the god awful phone.. I'm sure it halves my posting, probably more. I think phone optimization would help some.

Marie Monday deserves all kudos It's interesting to come back and see a completely new name in blue. I'm happy you've made a home here, Marie.