Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 07:20 PM   #431 (permalink)
Carpe Mortem
Crusher of tiny Nords

Theme From The Blood And The Life Eternal
Reminded me of a more hopeful Dearly Beloved - which, if you're not familiar, is one of the most beautiful pieces of music in video game scoring. Simply reminded me of it, can't say it's an ape at all. This is much more optimistic sounding. Beautiful track.
8/10

Dove Coloured Sky

This track was a chore to get to because my playlist kept playing something different after track 1, until I realized my dumbass had the shuffle on.... may have made the fruit sweeter. It was nice though.
6/10

The Living
Boring but not terrible
3/10

The World Is Darker
Enthusiastic and pretty, without being hyper. The heart is dark but the world is darker... what poignant lyrics. And such a sweet voice proclaiming them. Good song.
7.5/10

My Life Without Me
Mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh could not wait for it to end
1/10

Miss World
Likewise meeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
1/10

The Warning
Sweet, gentle, innocent. I hate it. (Not totally)
3/10

Always
Likewise. Just heard this kinda thing so much.... so often......
3/10

Where We Are
Nice vocals. Reminded me of 'Little Light of Love' from The Fifth Element, which I enjoy.
5.5/10

Black Is The Colour Of My True Loves Heart
Nice. Sort of Swans-ly. It had character. I imagine a free spirited young woman dancing with her heavy pleated skirt and coined belt, maybe on the beach, desperately grasping for some semblence of hope again.... to be sorely disappointed.
7/10

Bleeds To An End
Wanted more from this. Eyuhhhhmeh
4/10

Nothing I Can Save
I liked the guitar in this, it was neato.
5/10

Distance
Immediately hated the vocals. Just not my bag, baby. Probably tainted the rest of it for me something awful but I didn't think the instrumentship was so great either.
0.5/10

Last Of The Great Lovers
Some really standout moments in this song. Reminded me of 'So Damn Beautiful' by Polaroid. (Idk why I'm in such a mood to make comparisons today, but I've personally always found them very helpful....)
5/10

Warding Off The Spirits
Reminded me of All I Want for Christmas is You. For no truly logical and obvious reason, it just did.
2/10

Averaging 4.1 --- but that feels unfair. The whole album should not suffer because I truly disliked a few tracks. I'm weighting the good ones differently & bumping the score to:

Be Loving & Open With
My Emotions
Carpe Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote