Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 08:41 AM   #432 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

I have to admit, I kind of like this album. It doesn’t sound generic like your last rec, MC. I do see some parallels here as Alan Parsons was also known for using guest singers on his albums. If I’m not mistaken, Daniel Victor has said that he wanted to do albums that sounded like Soundtracks; this album certainly seems to fit that description, even with the lead singers.

Anyway, I really like how the album begins with Dove Coloured Sky and the last two tracks, Last of the Great Lovers, and Warding Off the Spirits, are probably my two favorite tracks on the album. The quality of the tracks in between varies a bit but overall, it’s a nice melodic symphony of sorts. I’m guessing Always may have been their “hit” from the album, and I liked that track as well.

So, yeah, it’s quite listenable, probably not something I’d pick up myself but as an album to listen to, it’s quite pleasant. Nice pick, MC.

8/10 (The Word has spoken )

Last edited by rubber soul; 08-10-2022 at 08:58 AM.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote