Music Banter - View Single Post - Andrew Tate - Trigger Warning - DV and SA
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2022, 09:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Tate and Peterson, whatever you think of them, are speaking to the problems of young men who are for the most part ignored by the left. That is largely why they are so successful. Even if you don't like the answers they provide, who is the leftist alternative? Or do you just reject the questions they're trying to answer altogether?

It's like people mock the self help **** yet 90% of it is more useful than anything they could possibly offer themselves as advice.
Yup, hit the nail on the head. This was partly what I was getting at with my initial question. Young men do not get the consideration, attention, and concern that young women do, at least in regards to media coverage or public outreach campaigns (besides military recruitment). Young men face their own problems. The right-wing solutions to these problems are often ridiculous, but there's not really an equivalent counterbalance to it on the left. Until there are sensible alternatives, expect young men to gravitate towards these outlandish characters because at the very least, these guys are speaking to them and their concerns and issues.

I hardly know anything about Tate, but from what I've gathered he's a red-pill type. There's kernels of truth, in some instances, through all that smoke, but if we're being honest, Peterson's tired trope of "cleaning your room" is a better starting point than anything Tate likely prescribes.

Last edited by SGR; 08-21-2022 at 10:03 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote