Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 11:11 PM   #471 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Gimme a little bit of time to respond to this as I'll actually have to do a little bit of research on ****ing Wal-Mart to give a meaningful response, but I will say that my previous post isn't saying that only specific levels of wealth in all times and places are capable of producing greater wealth. There are times and places where you can have less SEED MONEY and do greater things wit it. Post WW2 America, when a destroyed world economy allowed America to hold half the world's wealth and where the New Deal actually redistributed a degree of wealth to the middle and lower classes that they hadn't had access to previously. Also the invention of the standardized shipping container around the Vietnam War allowed for far greater and far cheaper international trade than ever before, an economic frontier that made Walmart's success far more possible than just hard work and good decision making.

Again that's not a full response but just some food for thought for now as I think your Wal-Mart example seems reductive.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote