Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 07:57 AM   #499 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
He's fine. Biden has been gaffing it up for the past twenty years at least. He even managed to embarrass Obama a few times. I think the dementia thing is just another right wing attempt to demonize the people they don't like.

PS- At least Biden reads teleprompters.
I don't know about dementia, but he certainly has a history of gaffes - it seems like his gaffes have been getting more noticeable though recently. And of course Republicans latch on to that and claim he's unfit for office.

Being the president is a very demanding job, and the guy is pushing 80. For a near 80 year old man, he's in pretty great physical shape - in fact, he could even be a role model for maintaining your health, all credit due to him - but let's not pretend people's brains don't start slowing down a bit by that point. There's a reason his staffers so often shoo out the press from asking questions of him after he gives a speech or makes an appearance somewhere.

I've said it before, but there's too many wrinkly asses in congress and god bless the old farts, but '70s and up seems like it's too damn old to be the President to me. At the very least, it should be a bigger electability issue than it seems to be. Anyone remember Reagan's second term?
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote