Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 02:31 PM   #81345 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Yeah. Very relieved.

Insurrance will be cake. She had a witness and cops already said she was not at fault. I put a dash cam in her car a few months back so we'll have the footage too.

Thing that really sucks is that car accidents are literally her biggest fear. She has reaccuring nightmares about them. She's been in therapy because of it. This is literally her nightmare. I have no idea how this is going to play out going forward. She's strong minded so I'm hoping this doesn't cause a traumatic barrier with driving but it might.

Crazy thing was that we just talked about this yesterday because I read that NJ traffic accidents are up like 30% this year and told her to drive with more caution. Literally yesterday.

Life can be crazy ya'll.
I'm glad the insurance thing is all squared away - I've been thinking for a while of getting a dash cam for this explicit purpose (in case there are no witnesses and someone tries to lie about responsibility).

My wife deals with anxieties of her own, primarily about death and the after life, but not specifically related to cars (more related to planes actually). I hope Dana pulls through better and stronger for this whole thing.

In the moment though, car crashes are absolutely terrifying. In the moment, you don't know whether you'll live or die, and sometimes, the split-second decisions you make during these moments of fear and terror influence the outcome, just horrifying really. I've been in multiple accidents myself, never been my fault though, to my credit. I had an effin tie rod break on me, making me lose control of my car (thankfully not on the highway), I've had someone rear-end me when I was at a complete stop, and I've run into a moose on the highway, totalling my car. The moose was the worst in terms of lasting impressions, let's just say I'm extremely paranoid now at night and avoid night-driving whenever I can. But all these unfortunate events did lead to me being more cautious in almost all aspects of my driving - I'm a complete defensive driver nowadays, taking nothing for granted, always listening for any weird sounds my car might make. I just want to make it home safe.

One week, it's a beautiful marriage, the next week it's a horrifying car crash. Life is terrible and life is beautiful.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote