Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Chart Fifty
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 09:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hi Lisna. This came about when I was doing my "Memory Lane" thread. I came across this link Official Charts which describes itself thus: The Official UK Top 40 chart is compiled by the Official Charts Company, based on official sales of sales of downloads, CD, vinyl, audio streams and video streams. The Top 40 is broadcast on BBC Radio 1 and MTV, the full Top 100 is published exclusively on OfficialCharts.com.

Once I realised I could select any year, any week and see the full chart for that week, I thought this would be a cool thing to do. Also gives me a chance to listen to current chart music, something I haven't done since I had no choice and that was all I had access to.

I knew you'd be on about the sixties. But you see, I don't like the sixties and I hate the fifties, and anyway it's not called "Trollheart's Chart Sixty or Seventy"...

Yeah, I might do my own random review of the Billboard charts from 1962-1971 if anyone happens to be interested- so there!

By the way, if the recent Billboard chart is any indication, I wouldn't hold too much stock in the recent charts. Taylor Swift owns the top ten songs on Billboard this week. When was the last time anyone here heard a Taylor Swift song on the radio?
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote