Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2022, 01:01 PM   #81574 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucha na Dziko View Post
This is partly true, as in certain topics or events are getting more attention than they should.
But the fact stands that there is a big social problem related to people wanting to come out and live their lives in peace and people who are for whatever reason extremely against what the other group simply is.

I mean, I don't know how it works in the US, but in Poland if you're a politician who openly supports LGBT community in any way, or even acknowledge their existence, you probably won't get elected or you'll have 3 seats in the parliament.

On the other hand, if you're a right wing nationalist and spout nonsense like "LGBT are not people, it's an ideology" (the current president said that during his last campaign) you'll get a standing ovation from at least half of the population.
Admittedly I dunno much about Poland but it seems to me like in the US being trans is more accepted than it was even a decade or 2 ago. There's more haters specifically on that topic because it's getting way more mainstream attention than it used to. It seems like it's pretty clear to me which direction the needle has tended to move in over time.

Quote:
But it does actually happen. It's not like there is no violence against LGBT people based on the fact they're LGBT.
I think you misread me. I said I don't doubt it, as in I know it happens. I don't think that is dragging us closer to genocide. I think mass shootings of all varieties are just a common thing now.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote