Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 11:35 AM   #24281 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post

I don't think I've been this affected by a war film since Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers Season 1.

I mean, the Netflix All Quiet on the Western Front had some insane set pieces and acting but 1917 was just balls to the wall suspense and perfection. I don't think you could ask more from an action/suspense film. It reminded me of the border crossing in Sicario but for two whole hours. Brilliant cinematography by the GOAT Roger Deakins and a score that complimented the film well. I usually don't like when the music tells me when I should start feeling emotional but Mendes figured out a way to get me their first so the music accentuated the moment real well.

I was floored by it really. Amazing movie.
I still gotta see that.

My two recent watches:

A decent watch, Elliot as per usual is great but the plot is a little hamstrung and the bigfoot was disappointing - if not a little gross.

Now this was great. A complete mind bender. Similar in concept to some of the more trippy Twilight Zone episodes. You don't know what to believe, you don't know what's real, don't know who to trust. If you've got Amazon Prime, you can watch it for free.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote