Music Banter - View Single Post - Official Mental Health Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2022, 09:33 AM   #3017 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

I mentioned on Friday that I was let go from my 6-year career in IT following an 18-year run as a graphic designer. I spent the weekend compiling info and applying for Medicaid to hopefully cover my anxiety medications and related routine appointments.

Today I learned that my psychiatrist doesn't accept any of the health insurance plans covered under Medicaid. So I'll have to pay her out of pocket for every appointment. And consequently, the scripts she writes won't be covered under insurance either so I'll have to pay for them out of pocket as well.

Her secretary kindly referred me to a price comparison website for medications and it looks like I should be able to have them filled at a local grocer and pay a slightly reduced price.

I'm waiting to hear which plans, if any, are accepted by my talk therapist. That will be critical. Hopefully this is all resolved once I have new insurance coverage under a new employer. If I'm not employed in the next 3 months I'll have a lot more to worry about than just medications. I can't imagine losing my home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote