Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:12 PM   #81641 (permalink)
Key

I went to the doctor a few weeks ago for the first time in over 10 years and I just set up a follow up appointment to check on my blood work. My doctor says that I need to get seen for my low thyroid as well as my kidney and liver functions. I've known that I have liver and kidneys issues all the way from when I was a kid, but I've put off medical visits for so long due to anxiety and not having insurance. I finally decided to just go and the doctor will help me out if need be.

My mom is kind of freaking out because while to me it doesn't seem like a big issue at the moment, she told me that this could be potentially serious, and I'm just trying to wait until my doctors appointment next week and he'll fill me in on everything I need to do. There is a small chance that I will need to get a procedure done / get treatment for my liver as it has been a long time coming. My thyroid is also concerning as it's much lower than it should be, and that could lead to bigger heart issues later on. So I'm trying to get this all sorted now and hopefully get ahead of it before I run into any other issues. I have noticed in recent months that my breathing has been a little off but that could be due to a number of things. I quit smoking cigs many months ago now but still smoke weed from time to time.

There's a chance that I have what's called hyperthyroidism, but again, I'm waiting for my doctor to fill me in on that before I jump to any conclusions. At the moment, I'm just waiting for that and we'll go from there.

All I can really do right now for myself is to keep myself calm and just wait until I see my doctor. As much as I'd like to believe that this could be nothing, it could very well be serious as well so I want to take it seriously as much as I can while also keeping myself calm.

I'll provide an update once I know more but this is just a reminder that if you haven't gotten a physical or have not seen a doctor in a decent amount of time, I recommend going. I'm not insured but fortunately I can cover the costs. I know that's not the same for everyone, but I just wish everyone good health. And really, just take care of yourself.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote