Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestion: A reduced number of forums
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 04:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
GD
???pp? ??snW

Just my personal opinion, but I think merging all music-related forums/sub-forums into a single big one (if this is what you are proposing), with no way to sort things apart except for what has recently received new posts, could quickly turn into a a cluster****. It would make me dread browsing music-related threads because the ones I was interested in and wanted to read were lumped in with a lot I don't care about.

However, if we had a forum like your "Music corner", essentially replacing the "General music" forum we have today and maybe a few others, and then sectioned off genre-specific discussion into its own forum, with a sub-forum for each category, I could actually see it helping to declutter the website and making the front page a little less bloated (and make it easier to access the Shoutbox and the Lounge for that matter) while still not making it difficult for users who were searching for genre-specific content.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts, and for the record, I wouldn't mind if the site stayed the way it is now either.