Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Chart Fifty
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 07:47 AM   #20 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Keeping in the twenty-first century - just - what were the sheep buying and sending to number one in 2002? You wot mate?

Title: “Heaven”
Artist: DJ Sammy and Yanou featuring Do
Nationality: Spanish/German/Dutch
Genre: Dance
Written by: Bryan Adams, Jim Vallance
Original release date: November 21 2001
Progress to the top: Seems to have been a re-entry in November, having originally charted at the end of August. Barely though: it got to 92 and fell to 96 the next week. Then it began a slow climb in October, though again nothing much. 76 dropping to 91 where it held for two weeks and then clawed its way up to 84 the next week and then for some reason rocketed to number 1 the week after that. Weird. And again, after all that hard slog, spent one week at number one.
Weeks spent at number one: 1, I just told you!
From the album: Heaven
What do I know about this artist? Nada
What do I think of this single? Well it’s a dance cover of Bryan Adams’s ballad off his classic smash album Reckless, and I guess it’s interesting to see how he danced it up. It’s not too bad to be honest; didn’t change that much of the song but just put a eurodance/trance beat behind it. The vocalist (called Do, apparently) does a very good job, and yeah, it’s not bad. Is it number one material? ****ed if I know, but someone thought so, and so it is.
What have I learned about this single? Not too much, though I see Adams performed it live with Do, so he must have been happy with the result. Jim Vallance was not available for comment.
My rating: A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-aPT0IEfT0