Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2022, 07:21 AM   #11751 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
What a kiss-up
^

Take no notice of rubbersoul, Trollheart ! Yours was a very kind remark: encouraging someone on their first attempt. What a nice thing to do.
Also thanks to everyone who took the trouble to reply: a lot of interesting and varied responses.

I enjoyed writing the questions, but in the answering, I find several of them to be disagreeably intrusive. Who the hell does this nosey guy think he is?

1. About which age would you say, "That was the happiest period of my life". Why?
Been lucky enough to have several candidates for this one, but the perhaps the best years were being a dad to a growing boy, with some of those cliché moments you don't forget - between the first time you make him laugh as a baby, and teaching him to ride a bike (age 8).

2. Who usually prepares the food in your house? How much time do you spend in the kitchen per day?
That'd be me. Every 5 days or so I put on some loud music and spend an hour or more cooking enough to last for a few days. Between times, just short visits to make coffee, wash dishes, etc.

3. What effect has MB had on your personality? Good, Bad or Zero?
Lots of good effects for me:
- I no longer badger rl friends to listen to music they're not interested in, and I've been introduced to a whole bunch of artists and genres I didn't know about.
- "To approve, and to be approved of" - that's the essence of feeling comfortable in a social group, and I've felt that here many times over the years, which has made me more confident as a person.
- I've also learned to express myself better: instead of the impromptu babble that is ordinary conversation, I like the fact that on MB you can take your time, order your thoughts and choose your words.

4. If Elon Musk donated Twitter to you, what would you do with it?

I'd pay Marie Monday a massive salary to restore its reputation and keep it running smoothly and ethically.

5. What was your last musical surprise? - when you said to yourself, "I never imagined I'd enjoy something like this"

Prob when I "discovered" Industrial music a few years back.

6. Now that you've posted in the Saturday 6-Pack, what's the next thing you will do today?

Loiter on the internet while I finish my breakfast, then get dressed and tick off a couple of today's to-do's: some Christmas shopping and a routine (we hope) medical check.