Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas
Thread: Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 04:28 PM   #381 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

I've an uplifting personal holiday tale if you'll indulge me?

As I mentioned I was snowed in from the Buffalo blizzard, the worst winter storm in more than 50 years closing a year which marked Buffalo's record for the highest annual snowfall since 1939 with 179.4" of the vile white demon. 27 of the nation's 50 deaths from the storm were in my city alone.

I have a career counseling appointment on Wednesday that I don't want to miss, having been let go from my job just before Christmas with no severance or Christmas bonus, but the city plows had blockaded me into my driveway with a 6' wall of compacted ice from the street.

I called and texted ten plow companies. Every one had either a recording stating that their mailbox was full or didn't respond at all.

In desperation, I texted a neighbor. Evidently he ran outside and flagged down a passing plow and directed them to my home. The driver explained that he normally only services the south towns but would do what he could to help.

He demolished the wall of ice like a pro leaving my car unscathed and piling the snow in a mound nearly as tall as my house.

Then he told me to save the money I was going to pay him and to instead do a good deed for someone.

An amazing bit of good fortune just when I needed it the most.

Merry Christmas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote