Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 10:02 AM   #11756 (permalink)
Marie Monday
the bantering battleaxe

1. What will you be doing at midnight tonight? Any plans to see in the New Year?

Drinking glühwein with my family
2. What was your greatest musical enthusiasm this year? A genre you explored? An artist you discovered?
I've been really getting into African music this year, but not one specific genre
3. Have you personally noticed any effects of climate change where you live?
Rivers and lakes don't freeze over properly anymore (or rarely) so I haven't been able to go ice skating outdoors for many years, which is really upsetting because I'm very fond of it (meaning the typical Dutch long distance ice skating, to me ice hockey or figure skating is a bit wack)
4. A lot of people stick to scientific facts for what they believe in. How far do you drift away from that position, believing in things without needing clear evidence?
I certainly want evidence, I'm not into anything religious or paranormal or spiritual
5. Tourists or escapees? Do many people come and visit where you live, or are the locals constantly talking about how they want to leave? Why?
Well I've spent most of my life in/near Amsterdam and a village called Giethoorn, which are both popular tourist destinations for obvious reasons. In the UK I'm not surrounded by tourists, which is nice. The tourism industry often brings out the worst in both the tourists and the people who have to deal with them (including me, all the tourists walking on bike lanes exhaust my patience and politeness pretty quickly)
6. My favourite person in my family is.... because.... I don't have a favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote