Music Banter - View Single Post - Finally saying hello
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 07:27 AM   #30 (permalink)
Synthgirl
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Ever heard Spock's Beard? A few of their early LPs would definitely be right up your alley.

I will definitely check it out! I admit my knowledge of post-70s prog is pretty woeful, thanks for the rec!

Quote:
I have to say, I've been in kind of a Vangelis mode in the past few months. I recently got my turntable up and running after more than a decade, which got me listening to the one Vangelis record I owned (Spiral), which then prompted me to buy more (Beaubourg and China). I'm enjoying all of it.
Nice! I did the same after hearing the news of his passing. For more stuff in the same vein, check out Heaven and Hell and Albedo 0.39, the former especially is probably my favorite of his.

Quote:
Favorite synths?
My favorite synth I've ever owned is my Moog Little Phatty, which I've owned since 2012 and use for all my main analog tones. I also love my Novation Ultranova just for the sheer breadth of the different sounds it's capable of.

For ones I don't own (and likely never will) but enjoy listening to, I gotta go with the classic Minimoog, Yamaha CS-80, EMS Synthi, ARP 2600, Polymoog, Roland Jupiter 4, Oberheim OB-X, really just analog synths in general, but on the digital side I love the PPG Wave and Korg Wavestation.
Synthgirl is offline   Reply With Quote