Music Banter - View Single Post - Announcing Something Completely Different
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I think Guybrush definitely deserves credit for 99% of the work done on the new forum. I did come up with the name we agreed on, admittedly, but only after several long-scrolling lists of names which were "you got to be kidding!" I think we kind of stumbled on a good name.

The idea I believe is (despite the name) to keep it generally as familiar to MB-users as possible, with the added benefit of being able to request, and actually have implemented changes, unlike with MB which as we all know is like shouting down a mountain and hoping that instead of the echo of your own voice coming back up, the meaning of life will be communicated to you.

As we're only getting started, it's a good time to point out what we should/shouldn't have, though I would caution that if Batty joins we should probably lock away the good silver, you know what he's like. All are of course welcome, and all we ask is that you treat us as gods and pay us absolute and blind obeisance, and make the odd sacrifice when the moon is fuil. Sound fair?

Great to see some people getting interested, especially mostly people I like and would prefer to have over there, and we look forward to welcoming you all. Should note that new avvys come at a max of 150 pixels, which equates to the larger ones here, so you don't need to worry about having tiny little hard-to-see pictures. After all, size matters, or so I'm told.

Oh and I can confirm for anyone doing journals, you can just copy and paste directly to the new forum: all YT, images, text effects etc seem to work right out of the box, so there's no fiddling around.