Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Chart Fifty
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2023, 07:14 PM   #27 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

So off to another century we go, and into the depths of 1992, where this was hoping to get higher than 38.

Title: “Who Can Make Me Feel Good?”
Artist: Bassheads
Nationality: English
Genre: House
Written by: Eamonn Anthony Deery
Original release date: Dunno; I can only find the year. It was that important, yeah.
Highest chart position (at time of writing): 38
Chart position (at time of writing): 38
Progress, if any, at time of writing: None; new entry and that’s as far as it got
From the album: N/A
What do I know about this artist? British House duo who pissed Roger and Dave off when they used samples from “Is There Anybody Out There?” as well as others like Afrika Bambatta and, um, The Osmonds. Though not on this single. Seems like they had a few very very minor hits, this being one of their last, and then broke up. Not exactly a stellar career then.
What do I think of this single? Not a lot. I decided to take a listen to the one they got in trouble with Floyd on, their remix of “Is There Anybody Out There?” and I quite liked what I heard. It was nine minutes and change so I didn’t listen to it all, but I certainly liked it more than I like this one. Very harsh, pounding House-style piano with some woman singing (possibly sampled) in a quite high-pitched tone which really does nothing for me at all.
What have I learned about this single? Nothing at all.
My rating: C+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gq_dHQ-PPE4