Music Banter - View Single Post - Announcing Something Completely Different
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 08:45 PM   #94 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I didn't see what was so ****ing great about her. Just a bunch of adults clamoring to groom a child into liking the fall or whatever. Not quite as bad as sexual grooming I suppose, but still weird.
Seriously man, can you not get away from the grooming ****? Not every interaction between an older person and a younger has to be seen as grooming. All most of us wanted to do was open a young mind to the music we loved, and hope she loved it too. There's nothing wrong with that.

Are you seriously telling me that if a child came up to you you would walk away? Is it that you hate children, or are you so terrified of someone thinking the wrong thing that you won't take the risk? Don't you think children should be able to approach adults and vice versa without there being an immediate suspicion of sexually inappropriate motives? You wouldn't like to share your experience of music, politics, literature, whatever, with a younger person in the hope of enhancing their life a little? You'd be too scared, or just wouldn't care?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post

Trollheart would probably say that's nearly as bad.
Hanging offence, that.

Let's not forget, Eleanor made a thread asking for help. It's not like one of us cornered her and started throwing unsolicited advice her way. What should we have done? Ignored her? Told her she was too young and we couldn't speak to her? For ****'s sake.