Music Banter - View Single Post - Cryptically-disguised song lyrics
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 02:41 PM   #119 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Round 9

Song 1

It's clear by the manner in which I stride that I am a lover of ladies with very little time to converse
Very audible melodies and ladies who are not cold, it has been a struggle for the singer of this song since the day of my birth.
And at this moment things are fine, they're great and you can choose to avoid my gaze
We may endeavour to gain knowledge of the effect on the male of the species of an American newspaper produced in the Big Apple.

Answer: "Stayin' Alive" by The Bee Gees

Song 2

On this day they will return it to you and by now surely you understand your task?
I'm of the belief that nobody feels as I do about you at this moment.
A certain type of rhythmic structure, gossip in the neighbourhood that the flame inside you has been extinguished
Something, I feel certain, which is not new to your ears, nor did you ever have cause to disbelieve it.
I'm of the belief that nobody feels as I do about you at this moment.
And no path upon which we walk is straight
Every illumination showing the way is so bright it hurts our eyes
I have much I would converse with you about but I am unable to articulate my speech.

Answer: "Wonderwall" by Oasis

Song 3

The happy look on her face brings to mind, it appears to me, joyous recollections of my childhood
Where all was new and a certain shade of azure like the heavens above.
Oftentimes, on occasions on which I behold her visage
I am transported by her to a distant place with which I have a particular affinity
And should I remain gazing at her for too extended a space of time I might weep.

Answer: "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns'n'Roses

Song 4

I arise and little depresses me
You are struggling through bad times and I know what they're like, seen many bad ones myself, some worse than yours.
I understand how it is for you
You have to perform the moves of a stuntman in order to achieve what is genuine
Are you able to discern me in an upright position facing away from the wurlitzer?
You're observed worse I'm sure, you catch my drift?

Answer: "Jump" by Van Halen

Song 5

A gentleman proceeds down the avenue asking the question “why is it that I am not as hard in my centre, why is it I am not as hard in my center as my existence certainly is?
What I require is a chance to stand in front of a camera and a chance at salvation
I have no desire to end up like Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, interred alongside such creatures.”
Excavator of human remains, excavator of human remains
Canines silhouetted by that light which only rises at night
Much distant in the adequately-illuminated portal to my home
The name perhaps of a man who drinks too much, drinks too much
Remove these dogs from my presence!
I am no longer amused at these antics.

Answer: "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon

Song 6

Uncertainy grips me as I grasp hold of you and conduct you to the area where we will waltz
As the sound of the music fades, there is that in your eyes which reminds me of a movie
Shadowed with morose farewells.
Never shall I dance again, feet which are not innocent cannot follow the dance steps
It's not difficult to imagine all is otherwise however I know you are intelligent enough to see through this facade.
It would have been a far more profitable move had I not been untrue with a companion
And thrown away the opportunity that had been afforded me
Therefore never shall I dance again as I danced when I was in your company.

Answer: "Careless Whisper" by George Michael

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-30-2023 at 08:58 AM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote