Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 06:10 PM   #81957 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

You guys are very kind; thank you. I'll share a new social adventure for a bit of positivity.

Last night I met and engaged the new Outreach Coordinator for the national headquarters of the leading secular humanist organization of which I am a member. He spoke about a new event series he's launching for roundtable in-depth discussions. He was impressed with my ideas and asked if I would like to create and host some of their first events.

My chosen topic would be the theme for four consecutive bi-weekly forums. He said he expects around 10-15 people per event. The four discussions would be followed by a book club event with a book I would select for everyone to read based on the central theme, and then a fifth and final event would be a lecture by a prominent national figure and subject expert that the organization would pay to fly to our city to give a talk and answer questions. That final event would hopefully have 40-50 persons in attendance.

I'm an introvert so this is a real challenge for me, but I love compiling research on subjects for which I am passionate. I'm putting together a survey of relevant news, media related to the subject to launch the discussions, literature, and potential experts to deliver a talk.

This project will give me something positive to do while I'm unemployed and battling ruminating thoughts. And it will be an opportunity for me to take on an important role in the organization I love and support. Perhaps it will opens doors for me down the line. I just have to overcome my anxieties about hosting and leading all of these events. They would take place this summer.

Wish me luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote