Music Banter - View Single Post - Your earliest gaming memory
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 06:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Like multiple others here, it was playing Super Mario 64 at my uncle's place. I think I was 3 years old. The memory that sticks out was him trying to teach me how to beat this *******:

Even at 3 years old - I kept trying to do the thing that made the most sense even to me today - throw his fat ass off the ledge. But every time he'd just come right back up. So my uncle kept trying to explain to me that, no, you need to just throw him on top of the cliff - and at 3 years old, grappling with the controls and the camera and everything in a 3D space was a challenge all its own. But I managed to do it, despite my uncle getting frustrated haha.

I grew up with an N64 and an SNES - so my earliest memories were Mario 64, Super Mario World, Killer Instinct and Super Punch Out. Beating this douche as a kid wasn't easy either - but man what a great game and a kickass soundtrack:

I mentioned it in a different thread, but man, that original SNES Killer Instinct intro/theme was just so awesome. A track this badass should not have been possible on such old hardware - even Doom's music didn't sound this good on SNES:

Last edited by SGR; 02-03-2023 at 07:06 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote