Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2023, 08:55 AM   #655 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I did, in fact, not go into this with an open mind. I have always hated the Beastie Boys, which is why when I saw this being nominated I groaned. It's as bad as I thought. Don't tell me I should listen to the samples, man, how they use them, the vocal harmonies or whatever the **** you think is or are the selling points of this album. I don't care. I'm not fond of people shouting at me over samples, got better ways to spend my time. I hated this so much - well, not hated it but was that disinterested in it - that when the YT broke for ads I did NOT skip; I literally was happier to listen to someone gush about the merits of Grammarly or some ****ing powerpoint thing than I was to hear another of these, um, compositions.

I won't rate it, as that would come across as an insult. Let's just say, I managed to get through the whole thing as a mark of respect to SGR but I won't ever be doing so again. No matter what's next, it can't be worse. Hard pass; you won't ever find me buying clothes at Paul's Boutique.