Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 11:21 AM   #871 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I hate the whole new year new me people flooding the gym in January but I did that this year. I've been going 3 times a week since the beginning of the year and not losing steam. I may add in a fourth day pretty soon now that I'm not sore as much. Going from relatively sedentary to 3 times a week is pretty good. Before I was just using a desk elliptical since I'm working from home still.
DJ!! How are you ? I used to be the same with new year new me people but honestly now I’m just glad to see people getting in to fitness. Glad you are enjoying it, keep it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
dj !! Great to see you post here again after such a long absence!! How have you been? If you're working from home, it sounds like you might've at least been economically ok through the pandemic.

Congrats on your "new year new me" resolve. I have never done workouts or even been to a gym: (i) couldn't face the prospect of that pounding music which is such a common feature of a gym and (ii) a large part of the pleasure of exercise is being out in the open, with fresh air and changing scenery.

So I see FETCHER as my workout comrade: we do some similar things:-

^ This could be me, except for the swimming, the triathlon, and the 10km. And if I am being honest, except for the 5km races too. I used to do exactly like FETCHER: book 5km jogging races as a way to give myself motivation to push up my performance, but sadly haven't done that in a long time.
Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the gym either but I know it has great benefits. I found it a bit boring after a while but that’s probably down to my personal trainer not changing my programme as often as she probably should have.

I’m finding much more joy in running and do much prefer being out in the fresh air with gorgeous scenery. It definitely helps pass the time! You should book something if you enjoy them.

I haven’t ran in 9 days due to slightly sore knees, I had a 5km booked for today and almost decided not to go but my friend talked me in to going. Finished with a time of 36:36 which is far from amazing to some, going the full distance without stopping was amazing for me so I’m over the moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote