Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2023, 09:18 AM   #875 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I'm good nice seeing you. Yeah, honestly I shouldn't be so snobby and gate keeping about people wanting to make s change in their lives for the better regardless if they keep up with it or not. Getting started is half the battle.

Great job on the 5k I always used to say that I would like to build up the endurance to finish a half marathon one day.
I know getting started is definitely half the battle, I worked in a gym and the January new year new me’s did really annoy me back then but it made my work day hell

I hope I keep this up and can eventually get to a half marathon and hopefully one day even a marathon. They’ve been dreams for a long time but I have never done much to work towards them until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Thanks for encouraging me FETCHER, but I'm a long way from entering a race right now. Still, you've motivated me to start my easy-to-follow training prog again: jogging circuits round a local park. (Although "circuits" is perhaps misleading: it's more like jog half a circuit, collapse on the grass, limp round to where I started.)

Congrats on your non-stop 5 km run. I never managed to do that distance non-stop, and I never got my time below about 45 mins. Still felt a sense of personal achievement to have done it though.
Thank you! I’m just glad I could do it, I had some time off with a sore knee so it was my first run in almost 2 weeks.

I get you may not be prepared for one right now and want to build yourself back up a bit first but one thing I wish I had known earlier is how acceptable it is to stop during the race! Had I known that I would have booked some 5km’s or fun runs years ago.

It’s a great achievement just getting out there and trying to be honest Lisna, the hard work is motivating yourself during your day to day life. Regardless of it being intervals or a continuous run .

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote