Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Pink Floyd album?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2023, 03:47 PM   #353 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
Coincidentally I listened to Animals on my way to work this morning and definitely enjoyed the music more than the lyrics though the lyrics aren't necessarily bad. Just very focused. Works as a whole though, like I said. Plus, this video is so good:

Thanks for that video, Key: that must've been quite a show! I was surprised to see so much focus on our man Trump, and that must've gone down well with the crowd because he has no friends south of the border afaik.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
... I think I can see why some people might think their music is a bit sleepy. A disproportion of their songs all have this similar, slowish tempo. They don't have many songs I would consider to be "fast" songs.
...and yet, unlike so many other bands, they never put any standard guitar blues songs on their albums. So this track is quite exceptional, I think:-

If there were such a thing, I'd sooner listen to an album of this stuff than The Endless River tbh