Music Banter - View Single Post - Eyo MB is 20 years old, baby!
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 03:03 AM   #22 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

This place helped me get through the absolute lowest point of my life.

I watched Batlord's Burger King arc with as much empathy as revulsion, reevaluating my own position in a dead end job.

I hung out with Sansa back in the old plug.dj room, trying to restrain my laughter as she wildly gossiped about every single og member. And remember the moment when she asked me if I was queer or trans, and how much it bothered me that I didn't really have an answer.

I traded music recs with Ladyislingering before her terrible relationship drove her into a drug addiction.

I saw WhateverDude finally get a glimpse of happiness in embracing femininity, only for her to spiral into a wild descent of depression and poverty before disappearing. And remember how weird it was that another member, who had always seemed like her friend, refused to refer to her as a she and actively tried to talk her out of transitioning.

I remember the incredibly uncomfortable moment when I hosted a horror writing competition and jwb (who was banned at the time, and using an alt account) submitted a weird-ass story making fun of Jewish people or something? And then laughed to myself as I resisted the urge to tell him that I myself am half Jewish.

I joined in with making fun of Chula Vista and his daily meltdowns. Only to realize that I'd had a lot of anger issues in my own life that I had been avoiding addressing, and that in many ways I had been acting just as childishly as him.

I started writing stories! And even cranked out a few terrible novels that I absolutely love.

I was introduced by Neapolitan to some of my favorite music ever, to the point where I've pretty much stopped differentiating between which of my top albums he rec'd me and which that I found on my own.

I fell in love with Goth Rock almost entirely because of Elphenor, even as I rolled my eyes every time that he seemed to misunderstand it on a fundamental level with his aggressively toxic party boy stunts; because ultimately in the world of the bats, the very worst and most boring thing that a person can be is an annoying, selfish, and ignorant, drunk.

I admired OccultHawk's hilariously brutal honesty, even while being disgusted by his bizarre (and often just straight up gross) opinions. And in many ways, used him as a case study in the self-parody that occurs when age and a lack of fulfillment drive you into becoming way too nihilistic for even the nihilists to wanna hang out with.

And many more moments, but I don't wanna type on my phone anymore soooo

Thanks for all the funny, depressing, and uncomfortable experiences.
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote