Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 08:20 AM   #83 (permalink)
Key

Default Pokemon Month - Covers of Pokemon Music

Covers of Pokemon Music

As far as music goes, I'm not one to hate on covers. Honestly, cover songs are often times of the same quality if not better, depending on the artist who's doing it etc etc. Most recent one I think of off the bat is Sounds of Silence by Disturbed. And I know, myself included, that blew people away and people still love it now. Both versions are honestly great. Now, what's the point of all this? Well, people do covers of Pokemon music as well and it's really fun to dive into this wormhole because you'll hear music that you're used to being played in a way you didn't think it needed to be played. And honestly as well, I listen to video game music pretty regularly anyway, but I certainly listen to a lot of cover artists who solely work on covering video game music. So, let's talk about a couple of them:

The one that immediately comes to mind first over anybody is Toxicxeternity. I follow him on both Twitch and Youtube and he's not only a super chill dude, but an absolutely talented guitar player. He does covers of video game music either by request from chat or does them himself on his main channel. The ones that I heard first were his Goldeneye covers, but his Pokemon covers are amazing too.

Next up, while I don't think he has any live action stuff, he does make some amazing music, and I've even talked about him before. The Greatest Bits. Some of his albums on Spotify are on my favorites and they are certainly regular listens. His Pokemon stuff is obviously great given that the dude is extremely talented. I'll always consider his Trainer Battle music his best stuff, especially from Gen 1:

It's just a unique twist on a very familiar track.

Another one I want to mention here is GlitchxCity. Truly a remarkable artist with a unique flair that really sets herself apart from the rest. Definitely some really cool covers on her Youtube channel. I highly recommend.

Key is offline   Reply With Quote