Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 04:56 PM   #85 (permalink)
Key

Default Pokemon Month - Pokemon: The First Movie (1998)

Pokemon: The First Movie (1998)

It's pretty wild to think that this movie came out in 1998 because I still remember going to the movie theater super excited to see it. And yeah, it definitely was as good as I wanted it to be. Hell, it's still good now. There's a remastered of sorts version out there so I highly recommend watching it if you haven't yet. I have watched it and it is honestly a genuine retelling of the original movie, it just looks better.

I wouldn't say this movie is one of my favorites of all time, or maybe I would. Honestly, it's a pretty damn good movie especially for a Pokemon movie. But I don't think that's an opinion that is too out there. In fact, I do know that a lot of people actually really enjoy the Pokemon movie not only for the fact that it focuses on Pokemon, but also the fact that they are just pretty good movies.

I still remember sitting in the movie theater in anticipation with my brothers and cousin and was ready to watch what was about to unfold in front of me. Unfortunately, I don't think I gathered too much of the story upon first viewing, but I do know I enjoyed it. After this though, I remember they had released a special edition Pokemon: The First Movie Mewtwo card, and you could only get it if you bought the VHS. Well, I did end up being able to add that card and VHS tape to my collection....years and years ago. Man, do I wish I could find both of those again. Hell, I may even look online to see if I can find either or both. I imagine that Mewtwo card will be pretty difficult to find, but I'm willing to try.

The movie also comes with a short little half hour film about the Pokemon specifically with no trainers in sight titled Pikachu's Vacation. Basically, the Pokemon are on vacation. I won't spoil much more than that because again...it's worth watching if you like Pokemon even a little bit.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote