Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 05:39 PM   #7742 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Honestly, a decent turnover on mod positions would probably be good. This place is run as a dugnad after all. Let people chip in, learn the ropes and add their good ideas to this.
From Norwegian dugnad, from Old Norse dugnaðr (“help”). NounEdit. dugnad (plural dugnads). Unpaid voluntary, orchestrated community work.
Also, Advameg should announce a supermod / admin in their place. Not that it will happen, but I still think it should be requested.

By the way, I guess it's okay to share this correspondence from Yac and I in 2015. He's long gone since then and it might be mildly interesting to people here. I was bugging him about changes. / updates back then too (I'm relentless). This is one of his answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yac
Tore
sigh.. you know, I have to come clean. I read your previous message and didn't respond because.. well, I have no good news. And to be honest I feel ashamed for making people feel like a change is coming.
As it is, from what I'm told, the numbers are good and we don't want any big changes. Eventually I hope things will change, but as it is, everything seems to work well... to some, at least.
Unless you know of a way of implementing groundbreaking changes without actually, so to say, breaking any ground ? We have a saying in poland - chujowo ale stabilnie, which roughly translates to fu*ked up, but stable. I think it can be applied here..
So we were ****ed up, but too stable or our numbers were too good to warrant any big changes back in 2015.