Music Banter - View Single Post - Into The Breach: Key's Gaming Journal
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 08:19 PM   #87 (permalink)
Key

Default Pokemon Month - Pokemon Colosseum

Pokemon Colosseum

Man, if there was ever a game that I would easily go back in time for, it would be Pokemon Colosseum. I remember just hearing about the game and wishing I could play it myself, but I never got to. Unfortunately time just went on and on and as time went on, the game just became one of those that I wish I had played, but don't really see a reason to play it now.

Sure, I suppose I could find original hardware and software and experience this game in all its glory, and honestly I might do that. But I can't imagine it'll feel much the same as it did back when it originally released. Especially now that we have the games we have now, there's just not a lot of reason to go back and play it other than for either nostalgia sake or in my case, you've never played it. It's one of those weird cases where I would spend whatever I had to to play the game, but simultaneously not having very much drive or motivation to actually acquire it. It does look like a lot of fun and it apparently features both Espeon and Umbreon. If you've been reading so far, you'll know that the Eevee evolutions are some of my favorite Pokemon of all time. Espeon and Umbreon are certainly up there, but I don't really know where I'd put them on the list.

The main character also looks really cool and the gameplay also looks really fun, albeit dated. It's definitely got that Pokemon Stadium vibe going for it with a bit of improvements to set it apart from those games. I do also believe that this game originally released for the Nintendo Gamecube, and using that controller again would be pretty sweet. So hell, maybe I will actually try to find a way to acquire this game. Perhaps.

Based on what I've seen from the gameplay and how the battles work in this game, it would be no surprise if I did end up really enjoying this game if and when I decide to get everything I need to do so. However I do not know whether or not I would be motivated enough to complete it as I've always got other games going on simultaneously, and I wouldn't really wanna spend much time on an older game. At least not all at once. Surely over time I would eventually be inclined to finish it. Or maybe that doesn't happen and I fall in love with it immediately. Anything is possible.

I do know that most importantly, I just regret not being able to play this when it first released because that would've been neat to be a part of that hype.

Again, who knows. Perhaps I spend some time trying to get a Nintendo Gamecube and a copy of Pokemon Colosseum. Then subsequently it becomes my favorite game of all time. It's possible. We shall see.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote