Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Album Club 2022
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2023, 03:40 PM   #699 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Normally I need about three listens to an album before I put up my thoughts, but this time was different. I had some hope with the Spanish guitar and synths on the first track - though even then I thought, bit boring - but when I got dragged into some sort of mass that was it. I'm not really very into choral music and I certainly am not into what appears here to be hymns or cantatas or some ****e. I was completely bored, and also irritated by the album the more it went on. There were several moments when I really thought that's it, I can't take any more, but out of respect to Lisna I made myself get through the whole thing. Of all the hardest things I have done in my life, this was one of them. I breathed a sigh of relief and unclenched my teeth when it was done; all I could think as it ran was "finish, damn you! Finish!"

My head was so woolly afterwards I had to play some Darkthrone to get the cobwebs out of it. Felt like someone had put a bag over my head and dumped me in a church with no way out. Not fun!

Sorry, Lisna: I'm sure they're great at what they do, and others may love them here - I may be the only one who doesn't - but damn, that was the worst album yet. Sorry. Better luck next time.

I won't rate it as you'd be insulted. Suffice to say I won't be playing it again.