Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Albums in 100 Days
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2023, 02:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key View Post
Day 6 of 100

Pelican - March Into The Sea

This one just kind of stumbled into my Spotify recommendations, and when I checked it out, I was surprised to find that it only has 2 tracks. Though it is an EP and it does come in at around 32 minutes so that's still impressive given that it is only 2 tracks.

Wiki describes this as an instrumental metal band so right off the bat I think I'm already going to like it. Upon turning on the first track "March Into The Sea", I can already tell I'm going to like this. It's kind of like getting just the instrumentals of bands like Opeth or Porcupine Tree. It is always interesting when bands decide to just focus on instrumentals because you kind of grow a new appreciation for it. It's why I like it when some bands release solely instrumental versions of albums that they've released. It's just cool to hear everything without the vocals sometimes.

While this album is only 2 tracks like I mentioned, as far as I can tell, the tracks remain interesting enough and fun to listen to enough to get through the 20 minute starter track. Hell, I've been listening to it while I type this and it's certainly a vibe. It's certainly nothing I've never heard but it's definitely something I would love throwing on in the background and just kind of letting it take me on its journey. Yet another reason why I like instrumental focused tracks. More focus on your imagination and what the song is doing for you personally. It's a big reason why I love post-rock as well or any instrumental genre for that matter.

Again, 2 tracks. But man, this album gives off very good vibes and great for a Saturday morning listen.

If you like that, you might want to check out their album The Fire in Our Throats Will Beckon the Thaw. It has a longer version of "March Into The Sea" on it and is overall a really great album.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote