Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 12:35 PM   #39917 (permalink)
Mindfulness
Be aware of the psyop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Wait tow gunner as in TOW missile launcher? That kicks ass! I feel like y'all should have a rivalry with tankers.

And I wanted to be a marine as a kid too until I went to military school and realized that I can't stand military command structures. Good thing too cause I would have gone in just after the Iraq War started. Best bullet I ever dodged. Literally.
Yeah javelins and TOW missiles. That's what I learned at the School of infantry east. We learned the different tanks for different countries, mainly so we only shot at foe tanks and not friendly tanks. But my unit was scheduled for Ramadi Iraq in 2008 where we didn't bring one tow missile or javelin lol TOW gunners became machine gunners. I did fire 4 tow missiles though while in but never fired one javelin and those were the cool fancy ones.

That's cool you went to a military school! I know that would have helped me down at Parris Island in 2007. I didn't even know what "drill" was on the first day. Just went with the flow and at the end of boot camp was the drill expert they make you into.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote