Music Banter - View Single Post - how come Metal doesnt have a forum of its own?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 PM   #82 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Well lets assume those bands were not metal bands.

In 1979/80 you had the NEW wave of British Heavy Metal. Which gave you the likes of Iron Maiden , Saxon , Venom , Samson , Preying Mantis etc etc.

So with that , there must have been an old wave of metal in the 70s.

So who were those bands then? Anyone who think the likes of Sabbath , Purple & Zeppelin were not metal bands want to name me 10 metal bands from the 70s?
You mean to tell me a man against genres is going to champion some corner-office conceived horse**** like "New Wave of Brittish Heavy metal."

Lord knows what they were thinking, but let me put it to you this way. If those were the new guys, how come they didn't do a ****ing thing like Zeppelin or Deep Purple. Wheres the mind-numbing experimentation (thats a bad thing), or the bloated double-albums. Wheres the pomposity. I don't know why they called it that, why is grunge grunge? New Wave? Why is it New Wave, was there an old wave?

Genres are stupid and the men who create them are even more so. I realize this isn't over, but for now and for this post, im done. Your move sir.