Music Banter - View Single Post - how come Metal doesnt have a forum of its own?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 01:29 AM   #86 (permalink)
Seltzer
Fish in the percolator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosions-in-my-pants
booboo in your list you forgot Motorhead.. haha

anyways i agree Big3 genres are stupid, but they are there and that won't change.. half of the fights here are about what band belongs to what genres.. hense this one right now.

my father an teenager in the 70's along with all of his friends, and everyone he went to school with. most of them listened to Metal, and what they called matel bands were Zeppelin, Sabbath, and NOT QUEEN? anyways bands like boo boo has said (all but queen) were considered to my father and his friends to be metal bands.. and no there opinions doesn't make it true.. but then again neither do any of yours.. we place them where we see fit.. until someone says its fact and word gets spread.
I'm not arguing or anything - I'm just commenting on Queen. Your father had probably only heard their popular songs - they had heavier ones like Brighton Rock, Ogre Battle and Stone Cold Crazy - I've heard that called a proto speed metal song before . Brighton Rock has some very metalish riffery.

Queen had quite a huge influence overall, especially on metal, and guitar in general. They influenced Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dream Theater, Queensryche, King's X, Def Leppard, Motley Crue and Guns 'n' Roses - not to mention both Joe Satriani and Steve Vai too.