Music Banter - View Single Post - Last FM
Thread: Last FM
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2006, 03:07 AM   #128 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss
i couldn't disagree more, i think the music scene is as vibrant as it ever was, and about 10 times as vibrant as it was in the 60's and 70's purely because there's about a million more bands....mind you, i listen to all kinds of music, not just rock....
Nah, quantity isn't exactly quality, there are many good bands around, for sure.... And i like a lot of 00s music, but for me, not many modern bands are on par with some of the best bands of the 60s or 70s, regardless of genre... For me, there are just way too many talentless bands out now, not just mainstream bands on MTV and the radio but obscure indie bands too, many modern bands are basically setting a pretty bad example for aspiring musicians, "hey kids, you don't have to know how to play your instruments, how to sing, how to write good lyrics or even know a damn thing about song structure, not anymore, just make a catchy enough chorus and everyone will be downloading it for their ringtone and viola... you're a successful rock band"... Sure we always had bad music, but the crappy bands of the 60s and 70s weren't getting rave reviews from every critic in the world, now critics have lowered their standards so much that they will call any flavor of the month pop group or mediocre Rolling Stones cover band the savior of music, it pisse's me off... I can see bands like Radiohead, The White Stripes and The Mars Volta becoming the Pink Floyds, Led Zeppelins and Black Sabbaths of the future but other than that, music met it's prime in the mid-late 60s, in my opinion.... We're never going to have another Beatles or Rolling Stones ever again, another Blue Oyster Cult maybe, if we're lucky.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote