Music Banter - View Single Post - Who do u think is the best bassist
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 05:05 PM   #116 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
Me too, but what makes a great song can vary.... It's not just some standard rock n roll fair with 2 minute songs, a verse/chorus/verse anthem with gibberish lyrics, a one note bassline, a guitar solo that mimics the chorus melody and a handclap section isn't all that consitutes a good song, open your eyes, theres much more to music than that... Listen to some classical or jazz, if you seriously consider it all wanking crap, then it seems that you have little appreciation for the evolution of music. :-/
Classical isn't know for its bass guitar work.

Some of the bassists that were suggested did make me think that 'good' can often equate to 'wank' (Jaco Pastorius for one. Technically amazing, but I've never heard a piece he played on that I liked... he even messed up that pop song with his farting bass), while others (like Wooten) really add a depth with their bass playing that supports what are already great songs.
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote