Music Banter - View Single Post - Who do u think is the best bassist
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #141 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
You seem to be trying to argue a subjective point with logic and it`s not working.

You seem trying to get the point across that solos are a part of songs and that some songs are written primarily with one instrument in mind.... Well thats fine. I accept that they`re written in the context of the song.

But that doesn`t mean that I have to like them , just in the same way that i`d wouldn`t like just any song with no solos in them.You`re basically trying to paint it in black & white.By all means write a technical solo passage in a song.What i`m trying to say is i`ll judge it by the song , not the solo.If it fits the song then great.But if I think the song is rubbish then I won`t listen to it.Regardless of how great the solo is.
I agree. Solo's do not make or break a song they simply enhance them just like a good riff would. But that's the thing solo's do not make or break a song and, before you seemed to have implied that solos=bad and are just musicians showing off having big heads that I don't agree with. You don't have to like it, just see it as style that does have talent in it.